Sunday, April 4, 2010

Crafting on the final days of Passover

For today's post to my By Hand blog I've crafted something that's in every Jewish kid's arsenal during Passover: Matzo Pizza.



Pictured above is all the ingredients I used:
- Matzo
- Dave's Gourmet, Organic Pasta Sauce
- Organic Valley Shredded Cheese, Mexican Blend

After splitting the two pieces of Matzo in half, I applied the pasta sauce.



Next, the shredded cheese is place on top of the sauce (pictured below).



The matzo pizza is placed in the oven (at 400°) for just a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt.



The end product is a tasty snack that I have mad at least six or seven times during this current Passover holiday.

The End Product:



Going back to my post from last week, I was very happy I could revert back to the original intention of this blog's purpose: to explore organic recipes while adding to my own personal cooking repertoire. This week I was able to introduce organic ingredients to a recipe I was already familiar with. I have to report that the ingredients made all the difference! In the past, when I have made Matza pizza with whatever I could find around my house, I have always ate my creation without any complaints. But to go out beforehand to Bloomingfoods and specifically purchase organic ingredients, I felt a certain and different sense of accomplishment when I created this dish throughout the week...not too mention the results tasted great! In the upcoming weeks, I look forward to creating more organic dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment